I’ve redone my blog to have a cleaner look. It’s a slightly tweaked version of Fabien Penso’s design.
I’ve also changed the hosting stack as well. I’m now using:
- Plain Jekyll (no longer octopress) for the framework
- Amazon S3 for hosting. Deploying with jekyll-s3
- Amazon Route 53 for DNS (guide)
- Amazon Cloudfront for a CDN
- Gauges for analytics, something I’ve always wanted to try.
I wasn’t aiming for any performance improvements or anything but I did notice that page load times went from ~1500ms to ~800ms so it’s been essentially cut in half.
However I did this for fun. I’m not exactly being slammed traffic-wise :)